.quickedit{display:none;}

Monday, August 1, 2011

Days Gone By

Just a thought to share today..


I was in an office the other day and I noticed a calendar hanging on the wall.  Each day that had passed was crossed off with a large 'X'.  As I sat there looking at it, it seemed sort of sad to me -- as if the person crossing off the days didn't feel each day was important, but thought of the day as something to get through, something that rated a big 'X' at the end.


Looking back at my life (at this point I have more days to look back upon than I do to look forward to) I think that each day, all by itself might not have been very important - but gathered together one against the other and moving ahead from one to another, each single day made up another notch in my life.  Some days were very significant (to me) and others probably not so much (even to me) but taken together I would say none of them deserved a big 'X'!

 "If you surrender completely to the moments as they pass, you live more richly those moments." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit to X-ing the days of February and March. I hate the cold and by then I just want to get through it....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, Terry and I are always saying we are wishing our lives away waiting for the weekend to come. Each weekday runs into each other, with little accomplished it seems. Sometimes we need to break the day into hours to see that we actually did make a difference in something sometime during the day. Always looking for the value of our being I guess. Why do you think that is. Why can't we just enjoy the moment and not worry about our value to that moment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...